Saturday, November 21, 2009

United Way Week Done



Today is the last day of the United Way week.  We had the Rockband competition this noon.  After my encouragement and repetitively advocate, our team has more than needed players for the Rockband.  Including me, 6 players volunteered to join in our band of the team.  Anyway, our performance is not bad, but we didn't get a high score as we didn't dress up for the Rockband.  It's a lot of fun as you can see a lot of team members come out for this event.

I figured out there is another song of Oasis I knew in the Rockband, besides the "Dead of live" of Bon Jovi.  I may try this one next time.



I played the "toss loonie for liquor" game and I won it again!! I frankly didn't mean to win the game as I had won the liquor last year.  I prepared to toss 10 loonies for the game and was ready to donate all of them.  The first 2 went wildly nowhere, but the 3rd coin got very close to one liquor located in the middle.   I then tossed the 4th one to the bottle on the left. And you know what happened, it made very close to the bottle again.  I thought a bit and decided not to toss my loonie for the 3rd bottle, as I felt that I should give other people chances to win.  What happened next is dramatic.  Ying tossed her 3rd coin and it hit the middle bottle, but then bounced right to the bottom of the 3rd bottle.  Aha, accidental win of her.
I don't know why, maybe I am good at tossing loonie/toonie to win the bottle. :-)
I eventually won 2 out of 3 bottles.

The United Way week has finished today with merely 41% of donors in the office, much less than last year.  The economy crisis really hits us. :-(

(Post for Nov. 20th)

No comments: