Sunday, November 15, 2009

Run 400m

Not thrilled by the chilly weather this morning, I went out around 11am for an interval training today.  A bit of tiny hail assaulted the field during the warm-up. A team of high schooler is training on their game that I can name it. Everyone has a stick with net and throw/catch the ball with the net.

I decided to try the "Yasso 800" cruise interval today.  This is to run 800m in 3:30 minutes if your target marathon time is 3:30:00, which is my next target.  I did 4x800m, with 400m jogging in between.  Haven't yet checked the heart rate.

I then tried to run a 400m. It is the first time I tried to test my 400m running.  The first loop takes about 1:23 and the second loop takes 1:29.  Holy, the 400m is truly a challenging distance.  I felt exhausted just after 200m and struggled to keep breathing in the last 100m.  The second try was even worse.  I almost gave up after 200m.  I breathed heavily and my legs were sore.  Man, it's definitely a hard training to run an all-out 400m.  I checked the heart rate monitor at the end of the 400m.  It reached almost 168 bpm.

I just checked the mcmillan running calculator.  If I can finish my marathon in 3:42:00, which I believe is a reasonable time given I ran extra 400~600 meters last time in 3:44:00, I can run my 400m in 1:21.  That's a perfect prediction.   Vice versa, if I can run 400m in 1:21, I should be able to finish marathon in 3:42:00.  This calculator works like magic.   It's totally based on my current fitness level.  I will definitely use it as a reference to guide my further training. 

What's disappointing is that it predicts that my 10k will be finished in 47:19.  However, I have set my goal of the next 10k to 45:00.  Looks like that I have to improve my fitness level and train harder to reach this goal.  Maybe do some more VO2max trainings.  If I can finish my 10k in 45:00, it predicts that I should be able to finish the marathon in 3:31:xx, which is my target as well.

No comments: