Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just another busy day

I got up a bit earlier today to pick up my car from the Firestone Tire workshop.  They had replaced the bearing, brake stuff to eliminate the noise I found since last week.  It costs me $600+.  What a costly repair, and I have to replace the timing belt later on, which may cost another $400. Seems I have to drive this car at least one more year, so as not to waste my money spend on the car.

I got the air care checked in the lunch time.  Everything passed.  The carbon is higher than average, which may be a weak point next time.

I renewed the auto insurance after work and bought some grocery then.

What a busy day today!

Actually, I was quite busy today at work and had no time to workout this afternoon.

I cloned the git repository from mobmm group and figured out the baseline of the kernel version they used.  I then ported our patches to the new kernel baseline, in my local git tree.
The porting is done and I am still working on the kernel configuration and cleaning up the added files for the new kernel.  I think I should be able to get 11107 boot to busybox tomorrow.  Then, I can start to port the hana code.

I love git now, although I am not an expert yet.  But git is quite a great tool to manage distributed repositories.  I just haven't had much experience in merging, which is actually the essence of the git.  I mostly use git locally to keep track of the work.  It's convenient to create multiple branches.

No comments: