Thursday, November 26, 2009

Messy build

Today's work environment is kinda messy.  I was about to create a new branch this morning to start work on the new chip support.  However, there was one broken build in last night's nightly build.  I was waiting for the developer to fix the problem.  In the mean time, another developer delivered a big change to the Ethernet driver and the build is broken again.  He tried to deliver the fix couple of times.  Only till the late afternoon, the build is finally working.  I have to postpone the creation of the new branch to tomorrow.  I don't want to merge fixes from the mainline to my branch just after the creation.

I am not fruitless today.  I've managed to add our new board support mechanism to the new chip directory.  The new board support mechanism is a beautiful design, with each board only initialize special devices and the common devices are initialized in a common function.  We can also support multiple board in one kernel image by using a smart function alias.

I have tried to enable initramfs and resulted in a linking error of .bss section overlapping with .text section.  I'll have to fix that tomorrow.

The workout this noon is great and I can still feel the soreness of my ab and back muscle right now.  The metabolism has been improved and the calories are still burning. Check out my fitness blog for some more info. Fitness Blog

No comments: