Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Kernel porting and new chip support

It's another busy day today.  I ported our kernel to 2.6.31-rc2, cleaned up drivers, and ported all patches. I can boot to busybox with my 1107 board and ethernet is working fine.  So, basically, I have finished porting to the kernel 2.6.31-rc2.

I then working on the new chip support.  I grabbed the whole set of the maui code.  It basically contains their patches to the kernel and added core code.  I enabled the new chip configuration in our build system and then duplicated the directories and files in the kernel.  By using their default configuration, I can then build the kernel.

Looks like the progress is quite promising.  What's left include:

* use our new board support template and file
* verify the build of initramfs
* verify the kernel configuration, properly split the kernel configuration
* create the new branch and deliver the code
* a possible test on the FPGA with serial port, initramfs

then I'll work on the buildroot toolchain again, to get the cortex-a9 toolchain built on filer and then work on the external eglibc support in buildroot.

No comments: