Thursday, November 19, 2009

iPod Shuffle looks cool, but it is just so-so.



I have bought the iPod Shuffle couple of weeks ago as I had won $50 futureshop gift card. So, I am a user of the ipod nano for a couple of weeks now.

I think iPod Shuffle looks cool, but it is not a very quality product.

The good thing of iPod Shuffle.

* It looks good with quality outlook.
* I love the clip. It is easy to clip it on my coat when I was running outside or in the gym.
* VoiceOver is good.  It speaks English as well as Chinese.

The not so good thing.
* The battery is not good.
* The sound quality of headset is not good.
* The inline control is not as good as Apple claimed.  Many times it doesn't work at all.
* The charging is cool but stupid.  Not convenient.  You have to use a PC to charge the battery.

I've also read a lot of post regarding the quality of iPhone.  In general, I fell that Apple's product has cool industrial design and cool outlook.  But the quality is not a strong point of Apple.  They are not designed to be robust or for long life.  They are just consumer product and you have to discard them in 1-2 years.

Other small music player may not be as good as the iPod Shuffle.  The Sandisk's player looks like a cheap product.  Zune has no smaller one. There ain't many choice in this small market segment.

No comments: