Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Saturday

I was waiting for Linda in a starbucks store in UBC. It is my first experience. A sense of leisure in a lovely Saturday morning. The store is getting busier around 12:45pm.

I was reading today's Vancouver Sun. Without Internet access, you feel it is not very convenient. However, it is a sprout of a leisure mood with the music hovering around in the air.

I start to understand why people are so used to this kind of living. It is a bit bourgeois.

Had dinner at Phoebe's place.
Discussed about the realty market with Steve, who is really pessimistic about the realty market in Vancouver. One thing he mentioned that his brother was an engineer working on usb device, software/hardware. So, he may be a good candidate for an internal referral. Let's see.

The dinner was quite good. It's a potluck and buffet style. It won't be too much trouble for hosts to cook. I think that we should adopt this kind of dinner for party later on. At any rate, we have party for fun, not just for food.

We played Texas Hold'em after the dinner. I won at the end. Haven't played for a while and it is fun to pick it up again.

No comments: