Wednesday, November 19, 2008

a not so long "long run"

I did a not so long "long run" this afternoon. It's about 14k including warm up and warm down. I was so anxious to go out for running as today may be the last shining day this week. I still feel that I may not fully recovered from last Friday's fartlek running on Burnaby mountain. Anyway, I was running alone this afternoon. To run together with other coworker may be more fun, like this Monday's easy run. But I feel that I have to run along as I want to run longer time with longer distance today.

In King George Park, I did 6 loops (10k) in 50min. I am confident now that I can finish the next Sun Run in 50 minutes. The first 2 loops seems easy. I feel a bit sore with the leg in the 3rd loop. However, I feel pace is faster in the 4th and 5th loop. The 6th loop is much easier as I know I gonna finish it.

I don't what kind of training it is for today, maybe tempo. Whatever, it is run for fun. That's enough. To prepare for the marathon, I apparently need more long run training.

The pace of this afternoon is about 5m/k. So, I feel 6m/k would be quite suitable for my long run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Leo.I am a new visitor.
Nice to meet you here.

Anonymous said...

无意间,闯了进来。做个朋友好吗?

Leo Chen said...

Hi, Siew,

Thanks for visiting my Blog. You are very welcome.