Friday, January 20, 2006

Google Picasa is damn good

I recently installed Google Picasa 2 and I found it is quite good, indeed.

I installed both Acdsee (for whom doesn't know it, it was once the most popular picture viewer under Windows back to 1996) and Google Picasa 2. Picasa 2 has better interface and better integration with blogger.com (I do love the fuzzy background when I compose my new blog entry). The search function of Picasa 2 is quite powerful (of course, Google powered. :-)

I haven't yet explored all the functions of Picasa 2. However, I've decided to install it at every computer at my home and promote it to my friends. One more important reason is that it is totally free, thus you don't have to search for the crack/serial code of the already bloated Acdsee. (What a pity! Acdsee is created by a company in Victora BC, Canada)

One more thing, I've tried Google Earth. It is really cool to fly above your home, you city, your country, and the earth. Unfortunately, there is no high resolution map for cities in China, except for some small areas in BJ, SH, AFAIK.

Google rocks!

1 comment:

Carlo Alberto said...

About google earth, i'm collecting italian beautiful places:
http://italyongoogleearth.blogspot.com
Regards.