Friday, January 20, 2006

Business Idea and etc.

I've been pondering of business idea this morning, all the way on the bus.
It's inspired by a novel I read last night about a lazy boy resurrect after returning to the back (1997). It's not a well written novel, I have to admit. However, it did provoke my thoughts about the opportunities in life and how to catch those opportunities.

Walked back my life, I had missed couple of opportunities or I have witnessed several opportunities to make fortune.

1. The initial stock market in China. (1992)
2. The Internet booming. (1997 & 1999)
3. The reality booming in Shanghai. (1999)
4. The NASDAQ rebound. (2003)
5. The Gold future and Energy mutual fund. (2002)

Anyway, there may still be a lot of opportunities in the life. The question is, can you see it and are you dare to dive into it.

People intend to take less risk when they are getting older, because they have more burden and more responsibilities for their family.

I do like one saying. "Don't be afraid before 35 and don't be regretful after 35".
It tells us that you have to take more risk before 35 and be more stable at the latter half of your life.

As I am big fan of board game, the business idea I come up with in this morning was "to do board game business in China". We can create our own board game based on the rich heritage of China, such like the "Three Kingdoms", or "Traveling West", and so on. These kind of board game will have high profit because of the low manufacture cost. However, the Intellectual Property is a big issue in China. Similar products will rush to the market shortly after you released a new product in China. Especially for those kind of board game, without manufacturing barriers.

Anyway, I can see that it's not a bad idea. We could actually promote these kind of game to university or to white-collar in China, since there is no good party game for them, AFAIK.

No comments: