Monday, January 16, 2006

Did the citizenship test today.

Yes, I did the citizenship test today and I believe that I should pass the test, because it is so simple. That yellow house is sort of hard to find, with the address of 3250 Commercial Drive. The parking is very hard around the test center and I have to park two blocks away. So, be there eariler next time, if you need to. I also forget to bring my landing paper, which had been obsoleted by the maple card. Although it doesn't affect the test, the officer did warn me that I won't be able to get my citizenship card without bringing the landing paper with me.

There are around 500 persons in a big hall attending this test. We were sorted by the color of the test notice, which is really a smart way of organizing the applications. I did see a lot of yellow face there. The test itself takes me no more than 10 minutes, but I have to wait in the line and listen to the instructions.

The following two URLs provide some sample tests, which may give you some feeling about it.
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm
http://www.v-soul.com/

The most important question that you have to answer is about election, voting, and candidacy of election. That probably is the major difference between a landed immirgrant and a citizen. Another group of important information is about voting, and the voting system, procedure.

I can still remember one question that I might be wrong.

* Which of the following information is on the vote ballot?
a. The voter's information
b. The candidate and their party
c. ...
d. ...

I believe that the correct answer should be b. But my first choice was a. I then realized that it would cost too much if every ballot has the voter's name on it. Thus, I chose b.

No comments: