Sunday, January 10, 2010

ultramarathon

I read a race report today about a 50 miles ultramarathon race, written by a guy in mitbbs running board.  It's an inspiring report.  I love one sentence at the end of his report.  "Pleasure is closer to pain sometimes.".  This is the first race report of ultramarathon in that board. This guy trained very hard and he made this great race. Running is really addictive, especially with all the pain.  The rewarding experience is coming from your conquering of the pain in the race. Human sometimes are absurd.  Seeking pleasure out of pain.

Anyway, I really hope that I could run an ultramarathon sometimes.  I plan to do the H2H 100km ultra.  That sound like not an impossible mission, if I can get to 70mpw training.  It's a huge commitment though.  Maybe I won't have time to train in recent years.  I won't set a fixed time for this goal, but it is definitely on my calendar.

No comments: