Monday, January 11, 2010

brainpal, the future computer that I dream

I want a brainpal, the future computer implanted into your body.  It doesn't have to be powerful. I just need it to access the Internet and multimedia content.  It needs wireless connection and the battery should last for a very long time, say charge once a year.

Why do I want such a computer?  Because I want to access/retrieve information whenever I want, when I was running, or in the bathroom, or driving.  I basically need an accompany 24x7.

I believe the current technology is not too far from creating such a small embedded system into human body.
However, the user interface is still the biggest problem. How do you give command to the brainpal, and how do you receive information and media returned by the brainpal.  I believe it may take another 20 years before it can be created in lab.  Maybe another 10 years before it can be commercialized.  I just hope that I can get one before I can't use a computer.

Note, the name "brainpal" is coming from the award winning sci-fi novel "Old man's war", written by John Scalzi.  The novel is one of my favorites.

No comments: