Monday, January 11, 2010

about medicine

I've quickly read a book written by a Japanese doctor about the medicine that may not be good to your health. In this book, one sentence I am impressed most.  It is actually a Chinese idiom I knew of for a long time - "Every medicine is 30% poisonous."  That's definitely true.  The medicine is created to cure some diseases. However,  many diseases are not a simply reaction or equation, like 1+1=2, they are far more complicated process than human can comprehend for now.  Many can be caused by various factors, like gene, life style, virus, bacteria, and so on.  I can't believe a "simple" medicine can take into account of all the factors and cure the disease easily.  That's why no medicine are 100% effective.  They can only somehow relieve the symptom. Patients still have to rely on their own body to cure eventually.

Anyway, I read this book and it warns me about the medicine.  What I learned immediately is that there is no need to take medicine for allergy unless the allergy are really affect your life too much.  That's actually what I did in the past several years, relying on my own body to get used to the symptom of allergy and I am getting better in handling the allergy year by year.

No comments: