Sunday, December 06, 2009

long run

I did my first long run in the winter season.  Today is a day with nice weather.  Sunny but not very windy in the morning.  I got up at 8:30am and went out without any breakfast.  I ran 10 miles in 1:26:39. The running was great.  I covered myself with gloves, head band, and a windshield jacket.  It's cold, but running was smooth.  I actually met several runners on the road. After the running, I had recorded the lowest weight since my training, 162.6lb.  That's the weight after long run without drinking and snacks.  So, it is the next record for me to break.

I need to start the 18 weeks running from the end of Dec.  So, I have 3 more weeks to lose more weight before the start of the training. I had a brunch buffet this noon, and I really felt guilty of having too much food in the lunch.  I have to skip the dinner for this.




My goal of the next marathon is 3:30:00. Based on the McMillan Running calculator,  I should set my long run pace to 5:18 to 5:55 minutes per km.  My marathon pace is 4:59 minutes per km.  I decide to set my long run pace to 5:20 from beginning.


No comments: