Wednesday, December 23, 2009

got my sony ebook reader

I received my Sony Ebook Reader PRS-600 last night and I was eager to play with my new toy.  I've downloaded a lot of ebooks to my reader.

The "calibre" ebook program is an excellent program.  I used it on my Windows and Linux platform.  The original Sony library program sucks.  It won't allow you modify the meta information of the ebooks.  The "calibre" supports most of the popular ebook readers on market. It easily detects your device and connect to it.  It support modification of the meta data and provides fetch news function and convert the news to ebook format, which is pretty convenient.

Another tool useful is the "chm2pdf" under Linux.  I can use it to convert the chm book to pdf format and download it to my reader.

Under Windows, if you have Acrobat (not reader) installed, you can virtually convert any document to pdf format by printing to the Acrobat printer.  I actually realized this point after I managed to install another universal document converter, which is not more than a very slow virtual printer device.

Anyway, I love my book reader, although it is a bit slower than my expectation.

No comments: