Wednesday, April 07, 2010

poker night

Tonight is the poker night in our company.  We played Texas Hold'em after work.  There are six players come out tonight, much less than before.  Anyway, I was just coming out after the organizer called in the announcement.

I won the game again tonight.  Since 2005, I played 4 games in the company and I won 3 of them. Twice number one, and once top two and split the pot.  That's fantastic.  Seems that I have some talent in playing Texas Hold'em anyway.  I'll find out maybe years later when I have more time to play pokers.

In today's game, D was wiped out of all his chips in the first hand against me.  I had a 3-of-a-kind, which beat his 2 pairs with pocket Aces. This winning in the first hand built the base of my success in the whole game.  I was aggressive since I was the chip lead.  I had some luck tonight, with some small chances of winning hands.  Anyway, the game was fun and I loved it.

I am usually aggressively prudent when I was playing pokers.  I bluff sometimes, but I basically won't go too bluffly  in the game. I guess I am good at reading other players' hands. I raise the bet when the opportunity is calling and I am afraid of going all-in when there are chances.  I should study more about the Texas Hold'em, maybe I really has some knack of it.  Winning the game in the company 3 out of 4 games are definitely not just lucky.  Maybe most of the players in our company are lousy players. :-)

No comments: