Friday, April 23, 2010

2 weeks with the new born

Un-noticeably, two weeks passed since the baby was born. We have worked out a lot of things in these two weeks.

Why a baby will enrich the parents' life?  Because when you bring a baby to the world, you gave him/her a life.  You are reflecting your own memory of life.  I think most of the people won't have any memory about their very early days since birth.  You must be asking the same question again and again to  your parent, "how was I doing when I was a new born?".  Right now, with a new baby of your own, you finally have the chance to answer the question yourself.  You were just like your own new baby when you were a new born at that time.  It completes your life experience.  Every parent should thank your own baby to complete your life.

When the baby was still in mother's uterus, I don't know what to expect and I was kind of worry about that. I doubt my ability of being a father as I have no experience and don't know what to prepare for this great role of a person's life.  In the case room, when the baby first come out, she was so beautiful, crying loudly, like an angel.  The feeling of fortunate suddenly filled my whole body.  I looked at her.  Her skin was pale pink and her lips are red and lovely.  The first sight, I fell into her.

In the next couple of days, I was excited to get up every night when I heard of her crying. I learned to change diaper, swaddle the baby, cuddle her, talk to her and play with her.  I felt so natural. Everything just comes smoothly and I don't have any complaint even though I was tired and felt fatigue. My lower back hurt a little bit for a few days when I have to lower myself to the height of the bed to change diapers for her. I had to get up several times at night to feed her and soothe her.  There is no complaint from the bottom of my heart, and I felt happy and fortunate to be able to do so, as that's role of a father will do and can do.

With the baby grow up everyday, she becomes more responsive and I felt more rewarded.

It's two weeks since the baby was born.  I just write the above for my feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! what a lovely girl and a pretty name:-) does she get curly hair as well...

Leo Chen said...

don't know yet. Will see. Hmm, I don't have curly hair for a long time.