Monday, December 29, 2008

Internet Radio

I bought an Internet Radio/Alarm with a deal from Dell's website (50% off). The brand is Aluratek.

Listening to the new Internet Radio device I bought before the Christmas, I remembered that I was discussing the Internet with Andy the other days. I believe in the next 5-10 years, Internet will be the dominate media. The Internet Radio is the example. I love this device. You can easily browse a list of radio stations and choose what you want. With more than 11,000 stations to choose from all over the world, I can listen to some Chinese radio then. The name of the song/performance broadcast online is also shown on the LCD screen. Although you can listen to radio from your pc/laptop, it may not be as convenient as to setup with this Internet Radio device. I love music and listen to radio ever since my childhood. So, this device is perfect for me. I don't need to turn on computer and I can listen to radio anywhere with the wireless connection.

Given the current trend of video on demand, such as netflix and youtube. I believe that IPTV will dominate the TV market for the next generation, if the content provider finally agree to broadcast their content online, just like the radio station to bring their content online. Younger generation, like my nephew, they are so accustomed to watch video online, play games online. It is so easy to project that in the next 10-20 years, when the teenager is the majority of the society, delivery of content online will the majority.

Although I still buy newspaper sometime, I just read newspaper online in most of the time. It's much easier and convenient to read newspaper online. A Newspaper publisher will go out of business if they can't catch up with this trend.

With Internet as the main media to deliver content to people, there are a lot of business will benefit from this transition in the next 10-20 years, such as digital publishing, wireless network device, Internet radio/tv device, content review, search ...

No comments: