Tuesday, December 30, 2008

6 New Web Technologies of 2008 You Need to Use Now

In this article "6 New Web Technologies of 2008 You Need to Use Now", the author lists 6 new web technologies of 2008 that he/she thinks important. The list is:

1. Identity management, such as open id, google sns, facebook connect. My second favorite of 2008. No need to keep track of so many ID online.
2. HTML5, with new features, like audio/video, drag'n'drop support. This one is kinda earlier. Not supported by all browsers I guess.
3. Life streaming, never tried, don't know, not a big fan
4. Firefox 3, My favorite browser, although I am still using FF2 on my EEE pc.
5. Google Chrome. Tried once, not a big fan. No Linux version yet. This one may give FF and IE more pressures on development.
6. Location Awareness. My favorite technology of 2008. With GPS becomes more and more popular in cell phone, it is actually the trend of web services/apps. A website should design with location awareness support.

No comments: