Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Healthy Food

I was chatting with George during the run this noon.

We started the discussion with the life of human's teeth.  I had another teeth RCT on last Saturday again.  That's really unfortunate. We concluded that human's teeth or other parts of the body may not be evolved to sustain for more than 60 years as the average life of human beings were in the 60s for a while.  Only with the recent advance of medical technique, the expected life of human being is extended to more than 80.  It is good for individual. However, the society may not be ready to welcome the age of old. Japan is a vivid example of how the society is greatly impacted by the aging population. Anyway, as the world is mostly controlled or managed by the old, it is inevitable that more and more resources will be invested in the health research to extend the life of human beings.

We then talked about the importance of healthy food for the health of human being.  It is by far the most important factor of human's health, followed by exercise. I talked about my transition of eating less meat and more vegetable instead.  George mentioned local grow fruits are better than imported fruits as the former is naturally mature than the latter.  He also said that organic milk, egg, and meat may have greater effect in health than organic vegetable as milk, egg, or meat may accumulate more compound or chemical. Organic ones have advantage than non-organic one.  The price of organic milk is about 250% of regular one.  That's pricey, but people are still buying organic ones.  I'll check it out and may try it myself.  I agreed to his statement as I had the similar impress after watching the "Food Inc." documentary.

Guess I have to be more careful about food from now on.

No comments: