Thursday, February 04, 2010

diet is the king

Let's discuss the weight loss here again.

I have the plateau of 160lb for over one month since December of 2009.  I had increased the work-out time and the running mileage was increased gradually based on my training plan.  However, I didn't lose a single pound since X'mas.  I finally figured out that the diet is the king.  Although I had increased calories burning through weight training and cardio, I had also increased calories intake since the Christmas season. So, my weight is stabilized at 160lb for such a long time.

As I had realized this point since last week, I have to control my diet further with lighter lunch and without any night snack.  The weight finally dropped to below 160lbs.  I have recorded the new low point of 157.8lb this week.

So, the diet is the king of weight loss.  You have to be very careful with every tiny bite of food, including snack and drink. My typical meal everyday is like the following:

* Breakfast: Oatmeal, 1/4 cup of milk, some blueberries or grape.
* Lunch: two pieces of whole wheat bread with 2 tablespoon of peanut butter, a bowel of green salad with low-fat dressing.
* Late after snack: one banana, one/two small apple, one/two orange, before or after work-out. Sometimes, two pieces of digestive cookie.
* Dinner: vegetable, fish, or pork, chicken soup or vegetable soup.

I felt that dinner right now is the most calories meal in a day.  The vegetables and meat are usually cooked with too much salt and oil.  I may further cut the dinner calories intake if I have another weight plateau.

I am glad now that I am keeping losing weight after the plateau period.

No comments: