Friday, May 13, 2005

I love donkeynetwork

Recent trials of amule (p2p client of edonkey2000 network) bring me to the world of p2p file sharing.
Known about the p2p file sharing more than 3 years, especially the bittorrent (short as bt), I haven't tried this new, yet already mature technology until last week.
One reason is due to the lack of broadband access. Another reason is the shortage of motivation. I don't like downloading tons of movies, sitcoms, which are the most popular types of files shared over the p2p network.

However, along with the shutdown of many mp3 file downloading website, p2p network becomes the last resort of downloading my loved music files.
Anyway, the experience of using the p2p network last week make me really happy. It's just like Alibaba suddenly found the treasure of bandits. I finally found the free music download base. I've downloaded more than 10G music from p2p network during the last week. I learned a new word, "Discography", which means a collection of all the songs performed by a certain artist, and I love to download the "Discography"!!

I've downloaded or been downloading "Discography" of
* Celine Dion
* Eminem
* Elton John
* Queen
* Shania Twain
* Air Supply
* U2
* Enya
* Enigma
* Dido
* Avril Lavigne
* Eric Clapton
* Bon Jovi
* Roxette
* Green Day
* Michael Jackson

All are my favorite artists. Also, I've downloaded tons of audio books, including Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Saga" series (1-8), "Harry Potter" (1-5) and some "Foundation".
Ah, I don't know what I will download next. ;-) Seems that I've downloaded all I want know. I am still resisting the allure of downloading movies that I frankly am not very interested.
Oh, yes, I forget to mention that I've downloaded couple of Linux Games produced by Loki, although I may not play those games at all. Just for collection. :-)

I know that most of people are already quite familiar with p2p networks such like BT or KaZaa, even got bored sometime.
But, it's really new experience for me and I do enjoy it very much so far !!

No comments: