Thursday, October 02, 2008

long run

I've made two 20k and one 16k long runs in the last three weeks. I am so confident that I can finish my first half-marathon in the coming weekend. The first long run seems not easy and the second one is not that hard. I made it on the top of the Burnaby mountain, a small loop of the campus. Each loop is about 3.3 km and I did 6 loops for the 20km long run.

There are some uphill and downhill in the loop. I love this trail as the terrain changes with up/down hills. When the weather is cool, like cloudy, the long run is a very pleasant experience. If it is too much sunshine, like in the 16k long run, it's easy getting exhausted.

Anyhow, for long run, you have to start slower. I usually made my first loop in 21-22 minutes. The second and third loops are the most exciting time as you are warmed up and not tired at all. The fourth and fifth ones are quite challenging and you have to endure them. The final one is exciting coz you know that you are approaching the destination. You were boosted by the Adrenaline.

No comments: